6. I realize having pink hair didn’t help my comedy career anyway, as someone tried to book fellow female Asian comedian Jiwon Lee, thinking she was me.
5. Now I can go to a job interview without doing a comb over.
4. I don’t have to go through the weekly ritual of making sure that every drop of pink dye ends up on my head and not on the sink.
3. Strange guys trying to hit on me in public by using my hair as an entry point to conversation have completely disappeared from my life.
2. I match all my outfits again.
1. There is a stupidhead Rhapsody Ibiza commercial on MTV that I auditioned for. They did not pick me. They picked another Asian girl and put pink streaks in her hair.
A Pink Hair-trospective:
RIP pink hair October 31, 2008.
I did have two bouts of pink hair during freshman year of college prior to my 2007-08 pink hair-ness. Who knows? It could come back again. But for now, I will enjoy life looking a little less anime.